Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Townhome Tuesday: Simple Buffet Table

For this installment of Townhome Tuesday I want to showcase my easy to put together buffet table. Our dining area is super narrow, so I didn’t have a lot of room for a big cabinet, and Zach and I don’t have fancy china or glassware anyway so we wouldn’t have been able to fill a cabinet even if we had room for one. I just needed a small table that would fit along the wall and hold a few dishes and serve ware pieces.

I settled for an IKEA sofa table because it was cheap and looked nice – since I knew the table would be mainly for show and wouldn’t get a lot of use, I was fine with going with an IKEA one instead of something more substantial. At Target I found some really cute canvas bins that ended up fitting perfectly in the top cubby holes. It took about 20 minutes to assemble the table and add in the bins, and the resulting piece looked even better than I thought it would. It also holds more than enough stuff, and we use the little canvas bins to store kitchen utensils that don’t get used that often (like chopsticks, pastry cutter, skewers, and kitchen string) to free up space in our kitchen cabinets for the tools we use all of the time.

Here’s our cute little buffet station:


I really like the color green, in case you can't tell from this picture.


 The best thing about this table is that it is the perfect depth - it's narrow enough that it doesn't clutter our dining area, but deep enough to hold the plates I needed it to

No comments:

Post a Comment