Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Food Friday: Small Batch of Chocolate Cookies

Sometimes after dinner I want to make something sweet but I don’t want to be left with 2 dozen cookies (because I WILL eat them all). This is a really nifty recipe for a small batch of cookies. These are vegan and don’t have any oil or sugar, so you don’t have to feel too guilty about eating all of them. This recipe makes about 10 cookies – a perfect treat for two people (or one person if you love cookies like me) after dinner.

Chocolate Cookies
makes 10 cookies, vegan, fat-free, sugar-free

Ingredients

4 pitted dates
1 egg replacer (I use 3 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp Bob Red Mill egg replacer)
1-2 Tbsp non-dairy milk (use more milk is you’re using more cocoa powder)
½ tsp vanilla
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp cocoa powder (use more if you want a strong chocolate taste)

Instructions
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.       Blend dates, “egg,” milk, and vanilla in a mini food processor.
3.       Mix date mixture in a bowl with remaining ingredients.
4.       Press dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes. These cookies will not spread during baking, so you need to press them into a cookie shape.

5.       You can eat these right out of the oven, but they’re best after they've cooled for 15 minutes.

This is what my date mixtures looked like in the food processor.

I baked my cookies in a cake pan since I didn't make that many.

This picture makes it look like I ate just one...

No comments:

Post a Comment