Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Food Friday: Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad

This Friday I wanted to share an easy, tasty recipe from Angela Liddon’s Oh She Glows blog. This blog is awesome – Angela features delicious vegan recipes that are always accompanied with beautiful photographs. 


Last week I had a potluck come up at work last minute and I wanted to bring something healthy, easy, and yummy. This salad worked great. I like how the ingredients are standard and cheap (this isn’t the case with many vegan recipes) and I was able to put the whole salad together in 20 minutes. Also, I like how the salad kept well in the fridge for a few days. I just followed this recipe and added in 1 diced red bell pepper and 1 diced jalapeno.

First you stir all of the veggies together.

Whisk the dressing.

Add quinoa and dressing in with the veggies and it turns into a very colorful and tasty salad.

1 comment:

  1. I took your recommendations and made the salad. With red pepper, jalapeño, & an avocado it turned out awesome. The only down side was it took me almost 2 hours the first time. Next time, much closer to 20 mins. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete