Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday Travel Tales: Christmas in Jackson Hole

The theme of today’s post is a recent trip my family took to Jackson Hole. My dad and step mom Angela rented a place for all of us during the week of Christmas a few years ago. I actually don’t have any crazy stories from this trip, so I’ll just share a few pictures and reminisce.

Our lodge was ski-in/ski-out which was awesome! Jackson Hole was way steeper than the resorts I've been to in Salt Lake City, but there was a ton of powder so the steepness was easier to manage.

My dad and Zach at the top of the mountain.

View from the top of the mountain.

Loading up on potassium during a ski break.

Our lodge also had hot tubs which were great after a long day of skiing. However, after soaking in warm water the run through the cold back inside was pretty uncomfortable.

We spent a little bit of time in the town of Jackson and it was actually really cool. The town is really quaint with a lot of fun shops, here are a few pictures:

Zach and I under an antler archway in the middle of town.

Hanging out with bronze Einstein.

On Christmas Eve we went on a sleigh ride to see wild elk. After the sleigh ride we ate enormous steaks in a barn. The whole night felt very rustic.

Check out Zach's steak. Not very vegan friendly...

Zach and Angela at dinner.

My dad's a dork. He thought the butter was too hard, so he melted it on the stove.

Zach had a little too much to drink at dinner. Here he is making snow angels while we wait for our ride home. He was soon joined by my dad and Angela.

Here are a few pictures from Christmas morning:

I left cookies out for Santa and found a note from him in the morning thanking me for the snack. He so polite, but kind of messy.

One of my gifts was a crazy straw.

The last big event of the trip was a snowmobiling tour of Yellowstone National Park. Check it out.

We watch Old Faithful, but it was mainly just a bunch of steam, since it was so cold outside.

Here's me and Angela with some buffalo in the background. Angela was super cold, so she was pretty miserable in this picture.

We checked out some of the volcanic pools, but everything was either covered in snow or all steamy. I want to go back in the summer to check this out again when I think these areas are a lot more colorful and beautiful.

That was our trip to Jackson Hole! It was a great time, but I'm eager to go back and see what the area has to offer in warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment