Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Wedding Colors

So I've been back and forth with wedding colors and was having a hard time making up my mind about what I wanted the wedding decor to look like. I could either try to match the beautiful red rock surroundings and go with deep reds and purples, or I could choose contrasting colors. I've been looking at a lot of pictures of the Red Rocks and I was kind of inspired by the wildflowers I saw around Sedona, so I've decided to go with blue and yellow for the wedding. My whole vision is centered around a wildflower bouquet similar to the one the girl has below, since I think they'd go really well with the red rock backdrop.


I'd like my bridesmaids dresses to be nice and simple, like the J Crew ones below. I think with dresses like these, smaller versions of the bouquet above, and maybe some yellow flowers in their hair, my bridesmaids will look really beautiful!


I'm going to run the colors by Zach, but he's pretty laid back so I think he'd be fine with anything. And now that I have a general color scheme I can start designing Save the Dates and send them out soon! I plan on doing a lot of the stationary on my own, so be looking out for a post about Zach and me slaving over do-it-yourself wedding projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment