Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Wedding Location

Zach and I have been talking for months about having a destination wedding, but I never thought the location we would settle on would be in Arizona. Originally I thought we would follow the lead of so many other couples and get married on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico, but I'm glad we were able to find Sedona because I think it's going to be perfect for us.

How we chose our location:

1. After researching island weddings we determined that it would be way too risky to have a wedding in the tropics. The weather there is too unpredictable (especially in the fall) and I wasn't too keen on getting married somewhere really humid with my already poofy hair. We also thought it would be strange to get married in a honeymoon-esque location, because then there would be little differentiation between our wedding and our honeymoon.

2. I started searching online for the most beautiful places in America, and that's how I found Sedona. According to this article, Arizona's Red Rock Country is the #1 most beautiful place in America. Once I saw this article I started searching for Sedona Weddings on Google and the following picture popped up. Once Zach and I saw that picture we were sold and now we're determined to get married on a cliff and get a similar picture taken of ourselves.



3. Lastly, we talked to Zach's parents and asked them to help us scope out the city of Sedona since they live less that two hours away in Phoenix. They were so excited that all of the festivities would be happening so close to their home and they agreed to help. So between the beautiful pictures, rave reviews, and convenience of having Zach's parents close by in case of any emergencies, the ultimate decision about where to have our wedding was kind of a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment