Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

recipe: simple baked cinnamon apples

I've always been a dessert person, but recently I've been trying to remove added sugar from my diet. I've been substituting fruit for my usual after dinner treats, but lately I've been getting really bored of fruit. One good way to spice things up is to heat up the fruit to get an distinct flavor and texture that's reminiscent of the flavor of delicious, sugar and butter filled baked goods. Here's a quick way to doctor up apples:


Directions:
(serves 1)

1. Spray a small baking dish with a light layer of oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop 1 apple and add to baking dish.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on apple.
4. Sprinkle apple with about 1/4 c non-dairy milk and another light layer of cooking spray.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
6. Serve with fresh blueberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment