Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

trip report: Red Pine Lakes

I completed by second solo hike to Red Pine Lakes in Little Cottonwood Canyon this past weekend. I enjoyed a nice easy hike to the lower lake (~3 miles that I completed in 1.5 hours). The last part of this hike to the upper lake was NOT easy. I lost the trail a bit and had to do a significant amount of boulder scrambling to get up to the lake (the last .5 miles took me 30 minutes). All in all this was a great hike. When I go back with Zach I'm going to take him the correct way to the upper lake, then try to scramble over the mountain to White Pine canyon on the other side. I'm way too bad at route finding to try something like that on my own though. Here are some pictures from the trip:

Hiking through pretty aspens. 

There's a peek of civilization. 

Stream flowing through the canyon. 

Lower Red Pine Lake 

I scrambled up this boulder field to that top ridge to the second lake. 

Finally made it to the upper lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment